Stage Right Stage Left

Viewed from the stage facing the audience Stage Left is to the actor's left, the audience's right. Stage Right is the actor's right the audience's left. Right and left depend on where you are. Commentary on theatre, religion, politics and love.

Name:
Location: Hamlet, Ohio, United States

Tom is a priest in the Episcopal Church, an actor and director in community theatres in the Cincinnati area

Saturday, February 23, 2008

Sewanee


After probably fifteen years I have returned to Sewanee. This holy place on the Cumberland Plateau is the location of the University of the South and its School of Theology were I earned an M.Div. twenty two years ago. I am here for two weeks as a Fellow in Residence to read, study, walk, talk and pray.

I attend the Daily Offices and daily Eucharist in the seminary chapel, which was not there when I was here. I am spending time translating Greek; trying to "unrust" it.

The low clouds hanging on to the mountain make Sewanee grey and brown during this time of the year.

Peaceful. I need that right now as I make a transition to the last third of my life or at least to my third career.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home